Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

28 Weeks!

Well, here we are at 28 weeks! I can not believe that that shirt used to fit me like a regular shirt; now it's like a skin tight baby tee! I can barely pull it over my belly button! Apparently "Baby C" weighs about two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He is pretty active (must be taking after his dad). I am convinced that he is in there drumming away.

I have to apologize for not posting for so long. Since our Florida trip things have been kind of crazy. We have recently started our classes at St. Mary's Hospital. I swear, when I was registering for them I was having flashbacks to graduate school, trying to get the best times and most popular professors! So far we have taken a tour of the birthing center and started our Lamaze class (Yes, I am going to try natural, but we'll see. I have no idea what to expect; I may be screaming for drugs a couple of hours in. I plan to make my birth plan somewhat flexible and to include anti-psychotic medications (for Adam...just in case) as a possible intervention). I have taken a breast feeding class (I was able to spare Adam from that one). We are also registered for Infant CPR and"Newborn Nuances" (which we are hoping is a crash course in everything else you need to know before leaving the hospital with a tiny human). I know there is only so much you can do to prepare, but we are doing our best.

In addition to attending our classes, Adam has been painting the trim in the nursery, the cats have been enjoying their newly completed sun room/office, and I have been freaking out about what I need to register for. I have also been taking a prenatal yoga class which has been enormously helpful in helping to manage my occasional freak outs!

I hope all of this preparation is good training for the time management skills that I am sure will be necessary in the coming months (and years). Well, I better sign off before I make myself start to freak out again. I will do another post this week, I promise! Happy summer everyone!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I have 2 great book recommendations if you want to go natural (I did!): Natural Childbirth: The Bradley Way and The Thinking Womans Guide to a Better Birth. I'd also let you read my birth story (no I'm not one of THOSE crunchy chicks...mabye just a leeetle), but I wouldn't want to traumatize you.

elena said...

Hi Blair!!!
Chris and I love reading your posts! you write with such wit and humor and honesty.... it makes us laugh at what we will one day experience ourselves (we'll be sure to call you)
anyway... you look so fantastic!! you've gained nothing anywhere else. We are sad you won't be able to come out for our wedding... but we are soooo excited we'll be able to come visit the three of you soon!!!!
xoxoxo elena and chris