Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, July 4, 2008

33 Weeks!

So here we are at 33 weeks. I had a doctor's appointment this past week and she said that "he still feels big" and said that I am "all belly" which I didn't really understand at first because I know my body has expanded in many other places. After measuring by belly she decided to schedule an ultrasound for my next visit to "check his size and position". Apparently after you hit 20 weeks or so, if you measure your belly in centimeters (from the top of your pupil bone to the top of your belly), the number you get should be the same (or close to) the number of weeks you are. Theoretically, this means that my belly should be measuring somewhere around 33 centimeters. What is my actual measurement you ask? Between 39 and 40!!!!!! Now, I sort of understand now what the doctor meant when she said I am "all belly" when she felt it. I guess if you are retaining a lot of fluid or carry extra body fat in that area, the measurements can be less accurate. Apparently, I am not retaining much fluid. He is either just going to be a big baby, or maybe my due dated is off. I guess we will just have to wait and see. According to babycenter.com, "This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark". I take this information with a grain of salt.

Things are really coming along in all of baby preparations. Adam and I will finish up with the last of our classes this week with Infant CPR. I must admit I will miss our evenings in class together (and eating frozen yogurt from the hospital cafeteria). The nursery is really coming together. My parents bought us an awesome glider chair. It has not arrived yet, but I think it is going to look super cute. We are painting my old armoire. It was an antique when my parents bought it for me when I was a baby. It has my name and birth date custom painted on the door with a tripped out 70's looking flower. I love it and didn't want to paint over the design, but it really wouldn't work well with the rest of the nursery decor. Plus I don't think baby's furniture should have my name on it, though perhaps years from now he will think it's cool. Anyway, I found a place that can cover the arimoire door with a mirror and preserve the painting (you can see part of the armoire in the picture to the right).
As you can also see, Sashi has been very useful in helping me practice using the baby sling. Although, she would ever admit to it, I think she really enjoys it. I can't wait to hold a real baby in it, my baby. Wow, that's really overwhelming. WARNING, hormone alert! I guess I better sign off. Talk to you all soon!

2 comments:

Mary Cappuccio Sopka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Cappuccio Sopka said...

You look mah-va-lous! I hope you're feeling okay! I know it gets rough at the end. Are you feeling him doing cartwheels in there? Good thing they're cheking his size! I wish they would have checked for Emmy and I would have had to go through all that labor just to find out she's too big and I needed a C section! LOL.. I am so happy and excited for you guys!