Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Update-Wednesday, July 16

Hello everyone-
I just wanted to give everyone one final update before the big day. We are all still doing just fine, just trying to brace ourselves for tomorrow. Adam and I both slept very well last night. I sent him home to get one last quiet night in his own bed. I was pretty much in an Ambien induced bliss all night. I barely woke up for then nursse to hook up my IV at 4:00am. It was seriously the best night sleep I have had in months. Today has been fairly quiet and given me a chance to make a few more phone calls and finish tying up some loose ends at work. I met with the Lactation Consultant today and she was very encouraging about our situation. She said they will have a breast pump waiting in the delivery room for me to start pumping as soon as possible after delivery. She said they will be there to help with the pumping and keep me on the best schedule to get my milk to come in. She was very encouraging about babies this age being able to latch on and breast feed, even if a c-section is required. She said they will be there to help facilitate if there are problems. I have heard wonderful things about the Lactation Consultants here and I am very determined to breastfeed, so hopefully it will work out. I am just planning for the best. She left some information for me to read. I felt very encouraged after her visit.

I think some of my anal retentive neuroses actually worked in our favor for once. We are done with our classes, the nursery is in good shape, I have researched my work leave situation as much as possible, and thanks to family and friends, all of the new born essentials have been gathered over the past couple of days. Organizing the Tupperware will have to wait. I have gotten some adorable baby gifts already and had a shower at work, but it looks like the real guest of honor will be able to attend my other shower scheduled for next month. It may work out well, I may be able to register for a few more things after I have had a little experience. I never got a chance to post the registry blog (I started it over the weekend), but I found registering to be very challenging; trying to figure out what we really need and when. I have gotten some great advice from friends and family who are mommy's (special shout out to Delaney who has been my most utilized resource over the past 8 months!). As our OB doctor friend has said, "As long as you have some diapers, a place for him to sleep, and boobs, you are in good shape". So, as long as my boobs cooperate, we are set for now.

We will be heading up to the Labor and Delivery unit early in the morning (like 5:30) to start the process. I will get a pitocin IV and then it's just a waiting game. I have no idea how long it will take, it just all depends on how the baby and I do. We have had a relatively quiet night tonight as we are trying to get some rest. We may not have that opportunity again for awhile after tomorrow!

My family and friends have been so great. My room is well-stocked with goodies. I have all my favorites. I have had frozen yogurt pretty much everyday. My brother brought me a Wasabi Wrap from Palani Drive and some hummus and pita. My sister gave me a pedicure yesterday, which was awesome. I was appalled after catching a glimpse of my toes when my feet were in the stirrups on Monday, but Colby fixed me right up. I can't even list everyone, plus I probably shouldn't post a bunch of names on the Internet without their permission. Thanks to you all, you know who you are.

This may likely be my last post for a while. I don't know if my next room will have Wi-Fi, but we will be sure to do what we can to keep everyone posted. Please keep us in your thoughts tomorrow as we welcome Baby C into the world. Wow, that is just surreal. We love you all and thank for all the support!

Blair, Adam, and Baby C

2 comments:

kate said...

Hi Blair, Adam, and Baby C,

We're thinking of you all and sending our very best love!

Kate and Michael

Unknown said...

we're thinking of you!!! sending all sorts of happy thoughts your way! can't wait to see the little munchkin. hang in there guys! :)